2019 CALENDAR OF EVENTS
• Stems and Stilettos Wine Tasting: 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, April 27, Knights of Columbus Hall. Streator Chamber of Commerce and Industry fundraising event. Wine, craft beer, silent and live auctions.
• Woodland School Grand March: 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday, May 4, Streator City Park on the Plumb Pavilion.
• Streator Grade School Band: 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday, May 12, Streator City Park on the Plumb Pavilion.
• Streator Food Truck Festival: noon to 7 p.m. Saturday, May 18, Streator City Park. Live music, vendors, and gourmet truck food. For more information, visit streatorwalldogs.com.
Bands and start times
Mortimer's Quest - 12 to 2 p.m.
Dan Blanchette - 2 to 4:30 p.m.
70's Rewind - 5 to 7 p.m.
• Park Fest: 5 p.m. Friday, May 24 to Sunday, May 26, City Park. Outdoor festival featuring carnival, entertainment, food, craft, vendor booths and live music. Sponsored by Streator Community Center.
On stage at the Plumb Pavilion -
Friday, May 24 - Valley Katz - 7 to 9:30 p.m.
Saturday, May 25 - Bagshot Row - 7 to 9:30 p.m.
Sunday, May 26 - Classix - 5 to 7 p.m.
• Jammin’ at the Clock Kick-Off: 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, June 7, Heritage Park at Main and Monroe streets. Live music Fridays from June 1 to Aug. 31.
June 7: Polka Boys, June 14: River Rats, June 21: Sugar Creek, June 28: Quentin Flagg
• POCO-A-POCO Summer Music Camp: Sunday, June 9 through Saturday, June 15, Park Presbyterian Church. Over 25 hours of instruction/choral technique, concerts and more. For more information, visit pocoapoco.org.
• American Legion Band: TBD. Saturday, June 15, Streator City Park on the Plumb Pavilion.
STREATOR 4TH EVENTS - June 27 to July 4
• Streator’s Fourth of July Celebration: Thursday, June 27 through Thursday, July 4, Northpoint Plaza and more. Features carnival, vendors, beer tent, live music, food vendors and more. For more information, visit streators4th.org. Carnival, food, vendors, music at Northpoint June 27 to June 30. Parade on June 30th. Fireworks on July 3rd.
• Jammin’ at the Clock: 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, June 7, Heritage Park at Main and Monroe streets. Live music Fridays from June 1 to Aug. 31. July 5: The Shattertones, July 12: Vintage Swing, July 19: Kickin' (no pickin'), July 26: The Templetons
• Ag in the Park: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, July 27, City Park. Celebrate agriculture in Streator’s history. Farm displays, products and antique equipment on hand. Includes farmer’s market, flea market, log carvers, children rides, barnyard animals, blacksmith, music and refreshments.
• Jammin’ at the Clock: 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, June 7, Heritage Park at Main and Monroe streets. Live music Fridays from June 1 to Aug. 31.
Aug. 2: The Musical Worship Team from Grace Community Church will host a worship in the park.
Aug. 9: River Road Trio, Aug. 16: The Valley Katz, Aug. 23: The Smokers Blues Band, Aug. 30: David Majestic
• Labor Day Celebration: Friday Aug. 30 through Sunday, Sept. 1, City Park and downtown locations. Cruise Night and Car Show, one of the state’s largest car events featuring over 500 cars. Includes annual cruise night and car show, carnival, music, food, parade and family fun.
• Dream Machines Car Show: noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 31, City Park. Event includes cars, cruisers and family fun.
• Dream Machines Cruise Night: 5 to 10 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 31, City Park and downtown locations. Events include cars, cruisers, food, music and family fun.
• Labor Day Parade: noon Sunday, Sept. 1, East Main Street, City Park. Sponsored by the Streator Area Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Labor recognition event featuring floats, music, state and local businesses and organizations.
• Keeping Christmas Close to Home: Saturday, Nov. 30, East Main Street, City Park.
Light Up Streator and 7th Annual Lighted Parade