Held in downtown Streator on Main Street each Labor Day weekend, this family event brings over 600 restored and antique cars and features its namesake 1917 Roamer automobile. The largest automotive event in downstate Illinois attracts spectators numbering between 15 -20,000. It's a time of nostalgia, camaraderie and good old-fashioned fun.
Labor Day Weekend 2018
Carnival & Music New for 2018, join Streator's 4th of July Committee during the Labor Day weekend as they celebrate with a carnival and music. They've partnered with Jackpots to bring you a fun-filled event. Carnival located on Elm St. between Park St. and Bloomington St.
Wristbands are $20/day.
Thursday, 8/30 - 6 to 10 p.m.
Friday, 8/31 - 6 to 10 p.m.
Saturday, 9/1 - 2 to 10 p.m.
Sunday, 9/2 - 1 to 10 p.m.
Music Entertainment at Jackpots Outdoor Patio
Thursday, 8/30 - Cody Calkins Band 7 to 11 p.m.
Friday, 8/31 - Echo Moon 6 to 8 p.m., 80's Bush 9 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Saturday, 9/1 - Mojofilter 6 to 9 p.m., Eliminator (ZZ Top Tribute Band) 10 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Sunday, 9/2 - Classix 1:30 to 5:30 p.m., All In 6 to 8:30 p.m., LUPO 9 p.m. to 12 a.m.
• Labor Day Tenderloin/Pun Crawl
Friday, August 31, 4-7pm BULLDOGS for Polancics tenderloins.
Saturday, September 1, 11am-2pm JAX GRILLE, located inside Bowl Mor Streator, featuring regular and mini size hand pounded tenderloins. Saturday evening meet and greet at BROADWAY PUB 4-7pm.
Sunday, September 2, 1-3pm SMITTY’S in Leonore for gigantic hand pounded tenderloin s.beginning at 1-3pm.As in the past after consuming Tenderloins we enjoy social time at BROADWAY PUB.
• Streator Cruise Sock Hop: 7 to 10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 31, Streator Incubator. Sponsored by Streator Stars and Stripes Club. Music, snacks, beverages, costume contest and more will be available at the former Armory. Free for all veterans, friends, families. Donations accepted.
• Dream Machines Car Show: noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 1, City Park. Event includes cars, cruisers and family fun.
- Registration: City Park from 9am - 12 pm
- Awards: 3 awards in each class
- 19 automobile classes
- 10 motorcycle classes
• Streator History Walk: 2:00pm - 4:00pm. Saturday, Sept. 1st. A walking tour of Riverview Cemetery where you can meet and visit with some of Streators founders and more prominent citizens from our history
• Roamer Cruise Night: 5 to 10 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 1, City Park and downtown locations. Events include cars, cruisers, food, music and family fun.
Downtown Streator 5 - 10 pm
- Registration: Streator City Park from 3 - 7 pm
- Best Cruiser Awards
- 50's & 60's Music
- Food Vendors
Hosted by Dream Machines Car Club
• Labor Day Parade: noon Sunday, Sept. 2, East Main Street, City Park. Sponsored by the Streator Area Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Labor recognition event featuring floats, music, state and local businesses and organizations.
• Sesquicentennial Closing Ceremony: 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 2., City Park. Closing of Streator’s Sesquicentennial Celebration Season. Includes short program and closing of the 2018 time capsule.